Yoga To Reverse Computer Slump
Many of us sit at our desks for hours at a time hunched over our computers. By the end of the day, our neck and shoulders feel tight and sore. Following are some easy yoga movements to do at your desk that will help relax and rejuvenate those tired muscles.
- Sit up in your chair and move forward slightly so you back does not touch the back of your chair
- Cross your hands at your chest, palms down. Head is facing center, chin is level and eyes are closed.
- As you inhale, with elbows bent open your arms out to your sides and bring your shoulder blades together. Your arms are in a “v” shape out to your sides. Feel your chest expand and open as you lift your chest slightly. Your chin stays level and relaxed.
- As you exhale, return your hands back to the starting position on your chest and lower your chin toward your chest. Feel a gentle stretch at the back of your neck.
- Repeat these movements slowly 6 times with easy inhalation and exhalation.
Repeat this routine several times a day or any time you feel those muscles in your neck and shoulders start to tighten up.
Health is a precious gift and my goal is to help you live a healthier, happier life through yoga. Every private session is uniquely designed just for you. For a free telephone consultation call me at 303.818.4181. Discover whether personalized, private yoga instruction is right for you.
Leave a Reply
(303) 818 - 4181